Being a Knight can be an Experience of a Lifetime! Become a Difference Maker!
Why Become a Knight?
In today’s world any Catholic men are looking to fulfill their desire to spend meaningful time with their family, to serve their community and their church, and to grow in their faith. Joining the Knights of Columbus provides these men and their families with volunteer opportunities and activities that accomplish these goals. If you are such a man who is dedicated to making a difference, then membership in the Knights of Columbus is for you.
Additionally, the Knights of Columbus improve their world through remarkable achievements and staggering numbers such as us.
Knights serve Your world
Together, members of the Knights of Columbus improve their world through remarkable achievements and staggering numbers such as:
- $1.1 billion is the amount raised and distributed to the church, community, youth and fellowman in the past 10 years.
- 593 million volunteer hours in service through the “Faith in Action” program since 1998.
- 1.2 Million Knights and their families are covered by the award winning -nsurance the Knights provide.
- $38 million contributed to aid and support thousands of seminarians and postulants in their religious journey since 1980.
- $20 million in the Knights of Columbus “Vicarius Christi” fund, the earnings on which are conveyed annually to the Holy Father for his charities.
- $1 million to the Heroes Fund, which provides aid to the families of the emergency personnel killed or disabled during the 9/11 attacks.
- 8000 wheelchairs provided to people with disabilities worldwide.
- 500+ ultrasound machines have been placed in Pregnancy Clinics to help protect and save children from being aborted by their mothers
Knights serve your Neighborhood
On February 11th 2015, the Saint Charles Borromeo Council #16137 was founded in Parma, Ohio. Currently, we have 54 members.
Community /Service Activities
With our charitable activities, we support the following organizations:
- Coats for Kids for Zelie’s Home. (Shelter for Mothers and children)
- Car show that supports Edna’s House (substance abuse rehabilitation for women), and the Saint Charles Cyrenian group. (Produces peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches for the Homeless)
- Help with Rainbow Camp programs for disabled children.
- Participate in the “Measure Up” program raising funds for disabled individuals which includes the Saint Charles Special Religious Education Program.
- Fifth Sunday Rosary Program for the Parish
- Provide Rosaries and Pouches for First Communicants
- Co-sponsored Patriotic Rosaries for the Parish
- Sponsor a booth at the Saint Charles Carnival
- Sponsor a free throw contest for the parish
- Host Blood Drives that also benefit the Parish School
- Support for “Sons of the Parish” who are/have gone to the Seminary.
Culture of Life Activities
- Some of our members pray Rosaries at Abortion clinics.
- Sponsor a parish wide Novena for Life
- We participate in the “Silver Rose” program of the Knights